Wednesday, January 19, 2005

My First Post

Last weekend we went to the city. I got to go to the Temple while Dad stayed in a hotel with the kids. While I was at the Temple, Dad took the kids for a walk in the lobby. After their walk, they met an older couple in the elevator. The older couple wanted the kids to talk to them, but Summer was too shy, and Merlin just stared them down. Frustrated, the older couple finally exited. When the doors opened again, 4-6 teenage girls entered. As soon as the doors closed, Merlin started chatting up a storm! They thought he was adorable. When Dad and the kids reached their floor, Merlin refused to leave. One of the girls had to hold his hand and help him off the elevator. When the doors closed again, he looked at dad, gave him a fake laugh, then proceeded merrily to his room.

Later that afternoon, we went to the Museum of Nature and Science. We didn't get to see very much, but what we did see was pretty neat. Dad was especially pleased with the planetarium. If anyone wants to go with us next time, we can get you inside for a fraction of the price! That's an invitation for all of you to come and see us...

After the museum, we went to visit Great Grandma Copen. She didn't say much, but was glad to see us. Her eyes got teary when we introduced her to Carolee, and she broke into smiles when Merlin blew her a kiss. We're glad we went. Hopefully, we'll see her again soon.

This morning I let the kids paint in the tub. They had fun painting everything, including themselves. They were such a mess! When the paint was gone, I was glad they were in the tub! It made clean-up super easy! Thanks Shana.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzie, I'm so excited that you're online and blogging. If you sign up for an Instant Messaging account (MSN, Yahoo, or AIM) let me know what your screen name is. Mine are posted over on Skidamarinky.

I'm glad that you're able to visit Grandma Copen. Wish we lived close enough to see her once in awhile. Give her a hug from me next time you're there.

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Suzie!! I'm so glad you're blogging!! Can't wait to hear more! I miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home