Life is good
Summer and Merlin painted in the tub this morning. Summer wanted to paint at the table, but I didn't want to deal with the mess. They had fun painting the walls of the shower as well as painting each other. When they were done, I turned on the "water fall" (shower) for them; this is a new favorite. They painted and had a bath all before breakfast.
We've been having good weather lately. The kids and I took a little walk in the field behind the house. We also played at the park. Summer loves to pretend the park is her castle and she invites me over every "Friday". She also hosts "Family Home Evening" at the castle every "Monday". If I don't go to her make-believe castle, then I get in trouble and have to go to time out. Merlin likes to go down the slide as long as I help him down, or as long as I'm sitting at the end to slow him down.
Family Home Evening was a hit last night. First, we read our scriptures, then Joe taught a lesson about tithing. After the lesson, he offered to give Summer and Merlin a dime for every time they make their bed in the morning. Next, we played games. We started with Leap Frog, then we played Duck-Duck Goose. For a treat, we had popsicles. Summer and Merlin played around for another 20 minutes after FHE, then I put them to bed.
Summer and Merlin helped me make cookies Sunday night, here's the recipe.
Ginger Molasses Cookies
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinammon
1 tsp ginger
Roll cookies in sugar
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes
Enjoy. I like to add tofu to my cookies. It doesn't change the flavor too much. If anything, it makes them softer!


1 Comments:
Molasses cookies are among my top 3 favorites!! I'll try your recipe -- with tofu! Very interesting -- good for older women...like me!
Post a Comment
<< Home