What a night!
Last night was quite the adventure. I stayed up until 11pm. Looking back I should have turned off the TV and read scriptures earlier in the day. I didn’t, so that’s my own fault. The rest of the night wouldn’t have been so bad if I had gone to bed earlier.
I finally dozed off around 10:45, then Carolee woke up at 11pm. Luckily all she needed was her pacifier. I went back to bed pretty quick hoping for a peaceful nights sleep. At 2 AM Summer came into my room for a drink of water and she wanted to stay, but the mean mom that I am, I sent her back to her bed. Once she reached her room, I heard Merlin crying for me. I got up and went to check on him. He was burning up! I took his temp and I think it read 102. It was 2AM and I don’t turn lights on in the middle of the night, so reading a thermometer can be difficult. I finally got Summer to go back to sleep or so I thought, she came back to my room to tell me her music turned off. I think it was 2:30 by that time. Starting at 2 AM I brought Merlin back to bed with me, gave him some medicine and a sippy of juice, turned on Summers music, cuddled Merlin and waited for his fever to go down enough to put him back to bed. 3AM I decided if I was going to get any sleep Merlin had to go back to his bed and their music had to be turned down and my door needed to be closed. I went back to bed again hoping to sleep until 6:30 or 7.
Once again I was out of bed I believe it was 5 AM. Carolee was awake and her pacifier wasn’t enough this time. I had to make her a bottle and I fell asleep feeding her on the couch. That didn’t last long, she started choking and I thought she was about to throw up on me. I took her up to her crib and I ventured back to bed again. With all the excitement during the night I was hoping we could all sleep in a little bit.
Summer woke up at 6AM. I told her she had to lie down and try to go back to sleep. Five to ten minutes later we heard Merlin crying in his bed. I sent Summer to take him by the hand and bring him into my room. Carolee woke up when Merlin and Summer were headed back to my room. Luckily she’s pretty happy to stay in her bed for a while after she wakes up. Summer doesn’t like anyone to have to be alone, so she went into Carolees room this morning with her dolls and blankets and climbed into the crib with her. Summer is such a good big sister.
I love my kids! They sure can be a lot of work!
This has been a crazy week and it’s only Tuesday.


<< Home