Thursday, September 11, 2008

I would like to pose a question.

My question is about cucumbers.
Do you cut ends and rub out the bitterness, or cut and eat?
All my life I have cut and rubbed out the bitterness.
My husband among others thinks I'm silly for doing such a thing.
What do you think?
I will do the expirment later this week and taste the difference.
Just wanted a little data before I do my expirment.

4 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger hope said...

That is so funny!! My mom has always told me to do that, and so I do, religiously. I have never done it any other way.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Seeing as I have no idea what you're talking about, I guess I don't do it. Never heard of anyone doing it. And I love cucumbers - so it can't be terribly bad not to do it, right? Now you've got me curious... Hmmm...

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Did some research for you... The general consensus is that it is an old wives tale. Check it out here: http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~bcohen/cucumbers/faq.html#rub

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always do this with home grown cucs. store bought i don't. i don't water mine enough and they tend to get bitter and is has always worked for me. it doesn't always take all of the bitter away but it does make a difference.
wendy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home