Thursday, September 11, 2008

The cucumber test


So I put it to the test.

I cut open my home grown cucumber last night and cut both ends off.

I rubbed one end and the other I left alone.

I did a taste test, the one end that I had rubbed was not bitter.

I ate it and enjoyed it.

The other end I cut and ate and then spit it out.
It was very bitter!
Then my husband came home and saw the cucumbers on the counter and proceeded to eat them.
He couldn't tell any difference, they were cucumbers and to him they all tasted the same.
Then again he can handle drinking the water at the house, so if you are one who can't tell the difference in the taste of Riverton water, then you will never be able to tell the difference.

Maybe it is as Wendy said it is the home grown cucumbers that there is a problem with being bitter so rub on and store bought on the other hand don't waste your time.

I might have to buy a cucumber from the store just to do a comparrison.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Alice said...

I have often wondered the same thing. Thanks for answering my question.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home