Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Up the hill and down the street

Yes we have a total of three gardens. I have spent a lot of time out at this garden. It took me six hours to weed so far and it isn't done yet, but I did vacation for three weeks with the kids. A lot of weeds can grow in three weeks!









My first attempt at corn. I'm excited to see it producing. Now the race is on with the bugs and the raccoons.










Broccoli and Onions. It is best to lay out a plan and stick to it or actually look at it. Or you end up doing what I did, plant onion starts in with your broccoli seeds. They are both surviving so far, but probably would have done better if I had paid a little closer attention.












I transplanted a whole bunch of volunteer plants, that I thought were pumpkins. I was told the Raccoons don't like the pumpkin plant and use it to protect your corn. The volunteers I transplanted ended up being zucchini. Then I planted zucchini seeds too. I have a lot of zucchini!














The kids and dad on the swing set by the garden. This swing set has been a lifesaver.









Me and my girls.

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun seeing all your gardens and the pictures of the kids. Thanks for sharing them with us. You are one busy lady.

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your gardens are really doing well. Mine--not so well. We get too much shade over our little garden plot, but Cliff has promised to cut back the trees a bit for next year. I'd be happy to take some of your zucchini off your hands... :-)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yippeeeeeee!! It's great to see youy posting again. And with tons of pictures! Thanks for calling to let us know you updated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home