Friday, September 12, 2008

The Harvest

The mini peppers grown from throwing the seeds in the dirt amazing to me!
Jack and the beanstalk Sunflower
Carolee in the sunflower forest.
I tried freezer jam this year with Devanie. Much easier!
The girls left us quite a surprisewe usually only get 6 or 7.
Carrots
Peanuts
Raspberries

Carolee and the peppers

Cinnimon Pears

Dill Pickles
The girls
Summer and the girls



Applesauce

One of my little helpers




I have been busy with the harvest.




Yesterday we went outside to collect all the cucumbers and saw teh chickens invading the yard. I don't know who let them out, but Summer had fun putting them back in their cage.




We have made jams and jellies and cinnimon pears and dill pickles and applesauce and still have peaches yet to go.




We ate a cantalope from the garden last night, it was so sweet!




We have had zuchinni muffins and corn on the cob and fried zuchinni and baked beets and boiled beets and onions and lettuce and cucumbers and peas and beans and raspberries and plums and strawberries.




There is still time for the tomatoes and peppers and more raspberries and sunflower seeds and plums.

3 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

WOW are you trying to toot your own concert! Just kidding! I love the photo of Carolee in the sunfloweres especially. Way cute and busy. Good job Stout family.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Suzie said...

It's not 100 jars of pears. Mine is a much lower scale. I only can what I can get for free. I don't spend money on my produce.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Yummy, Bring some of that great food our way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home