The end of the season.
I canned a lot this year, not like some, but for me it was a lot.
Several jars of pears, cinnamon pears, peaches, pickles dill and bread and butter, sasla, grapes, plums, applesauce, appricot jam, pear jam, peach jam, strawberry plum freezer jam, plum jam, raspberry pinealpple jam.
Oh yeah and tomatoes for a friend and chili sauce for another friend.
Then a friend came over and helped me with some cinnamon pears which I sent home with her. Then I had some friends come over and make a batch of salsa with me, they wanted a recipe, but I just make it a little different every time. They wrote down a recipe while we made a batch and then they attempted it on their own. I also went to another friends home and made a batch of salsa at her home.
I am glad to be done standing for so many hours. My back has been killing me since Tuesday afternoon. I have been laying on the couch with a bag of ice the past few days. I was feeling a little better this morning and went grocery shopping. That was killer! Those of you who have never had back pain are probably calling me a baby. Those who have had back problems can probably relate. It sucks pretty bad when you lie on the couch with a bag of ice on your back and it doesn't seem to help. I'm just lucky the kids are such great sports, and when I called Joe the first day and he suggested fast food for dinner I could have kissed him through the phone.


4 Comments:
suzie, you are incredible!!! i can't believe all that canning, i just am so impressed!
and hey, my back hurts just from standing while making toast. you deserve a few days on the couch.
wow. that's all i can say.
Back pain and I are old friends... you have my sympathy. Feel better soon! :)
Suzie, fantastic job preserving this year! How much fun woul it be to be neighbors or just live close enough to spend weekends canning together think of how much more we could get done! I still think it is very weird that it bothers your back so much you being such a small person. I am glad you are taking it easy and it is starting to feel better.
Love you!
Wendy
Suzie, I am so impressed with your skills at canning!! I wish we lived closer so you could help me learn how :)!
Post a Comment
<< Home