Family Home Evening. . .

Big Cotton Wood Canyon in October. I would suggest dressing a little warmer than we did. It was 60 degrees when we left and 30 minutes later when we were up in the moutains it was 30 degrees and we weren't dressed for such cold weather. Summer was wearing sandals and half way through our little hike her toes were frozen. It's a good thing I keep our 72 hour kits in the car at all times. We were wearing T shirts and I did bring jackets for the kids and myself. We would have froze if we didn't have extra sweatshirts hats and blankets in the car. We were going to enjoy the stars without the lights of the city, but tonight we had a beautiful moon that lit up the sky pretty well.



Do you like Joe's cold face? Pretty good huh?
Josh was the only one who refused to put on extra clothes under his coat. He was an ice cube the poor kid. We put two jackets on him and less than five minutes later I was helping someone else put some more clothes on and I found his little jacket tucked in the car. He wouldn't even keep his hat on his head.
Overall it was a great cold night spent together with family!



Do you like Joe's cold face? Pretty good huh?

Josh was the only one who refused to put on extra clothes under his coat. He was an ice cube the poor kid. We put two jackets on him and less than five minutes later I was helping someone else put some more clothes on and I found his little jacket tucked in the car. He wouldn't even keep his hat on his head.
Overall it was a great cold night spent together with family!


3 Comments:
I was half-way through a blink...now I look like I was high. What will my children think in 10 years??? ((sigh))
- Joe (Dad)
What a fun FHE. Ours was spent feeding the missionaries and listening to the kids' crazy stories for them all evening! Still a great experience. Zach was THRILLED to have the Elders over.
And, Joe, you don't look high! You look sleepy! Better, huh?!
The kids will remember that Family Home Evening BECAUSE of the cold! What a great idea! I'll bet it was really beautiful!
Grandma S
Post a Comment
<< Home