Letting it go. . .
I feel compelled to write a little story.
Have you ever offended anyone? I recall an experience when I did very openly offend a mother of a child I was teaching. I had her to come in and assist me in my class and told her in front of the children, that the reason I chose her was, because her child was the worst in the class. Now if I was thinking I should have taken her aside and let her know I was having problems with her son. But I didn't and I couldn't undo what I had done. Once I said what I did in front of the children the atmosphere changed in the room. She became very uncomfortable. I felt uncomfortable every time I was in her presence and so did she. Finally one Sunday after sacrament meeting was over, I approached her. Probably one of the hardest things I have ever done. Once I decided I was going to appoligize my heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest. I apologized and I really meant it!
I challenge you:
If you have offended someone don't let the feelings of discomfort linger and ruin what could be a good relationship. Get up the courage and let them know how you feel. I promise if you do it in the right spirit you will not regret it. You may however regret not approaching someone if you don't ever take that first step.
This experience has been one of my many life lessons! It is not fun to live a life of regret and it is also not fun to live a life always worrying if someone is mad at you. We had a visitor last night come to our home and he was very uncomfortable! I would hate to live my life that way.


1 Comments:
Thanks for sharing that Suzie. I am glad to hear you rectified the wrong you did. I love you.
Post a Comment
<< Home